MEMORANDUM FOR DEFENSE TECHNOLOGY SECURITY ADMINISTRATION
ATTN: POLICY DIVISION (DTSA/PD)
DIRECTOR, JOINT STAFF, J-5
ATTN: GLOBAL POLICY & PARTNERSHIPS (JS/J5/DD)
OFFICE OF THE UNDER SECRETARY OF DEFENSE FOR
ACQUISITION, TECHNOLOGY, AND LOGISTICS
ATTN: INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION (IC/PPA)
SUBJECT: NVD Letter of Request (LOR) Advisory for [Insert Country or International Organization Name] (XX-X-XXX)
The Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) received a request from [Country] for [quantity] [model number] [type]. DSCA requests authorization to offer the NVDs to [Country] under case XX-X-XXX.
[State in 2 or 3 sentences the purchaser's justification (be specific) for the requested NVD types and quantity, as well as the unit, unit type, purpose, mission, operational plan for use, deployment.] [Additional information, such as the status of past NVD transfers and previous inspections may be provided if desired or requested.] [Country] accepts the physical security and accountability requirements, and DSCA EUM [concurs/non-concurs] with this request.
The [IA] supports this transfer and is prepared to offer NVDs with capabilities consistent with the Night Vision Export Policy Implementation Guidance, April 21, 2014. The LOR, SCO endorsement, and [IA] support memorandum are attached.
The DSCA POC for this action is [Name], Country Program Director, [Phone number], [email email@example.com]. The DSCA POC for FMS NVD policy is [Name], DSCA/WPN, [Phone number], [email firstname.lastname@example.org].
- Major Arms Sales
- Defense Trade and Arms Transfers
- Global Train and Equip
- Institutional Capacity Building
- International Education & Training
- Humanitarian Assistance
- Foreign Military Sales (FMS)
- End Use Monitoring (EUM)
- FMS for Small/Medium Businesses
- Introduction to Defense Institute of International Legal Studies (DIILS)
- International FMS Competitions
- Institutional Capacity Building (ICB) Programs
- Security Cooperation Workforce Development Program
- SC Foundational Agreements
- Security Cooperation Introduction